Mon Aug. 15 - Fri Aug. 19
Mon Aug. 15
Mon Aug. 15
Mon Aug. 15
RESOLUTION NO. 4476 STAGE II RESTRICTIONS WITHIN RAVALLI COUNTY WHEREAS, the BOARD OF RAVALLI COUNTY COMMISSIONERS established a Ravalli County local fire season on February 22, 2022, as per Resolution No. 4431; and Read on...
Ravalli County Stage II Fire Restrictions effective 8/12/2022 at 12:01 AM
RESOLUTION NO. 4476
STAGE II RESTRICTIONS WITHIN RAVALLI COUNTY
WHEREAS, the BOARD OF RAVALLI COUNTY COMMISSIONERS established a Ravalli County local fire season on February 22, 2022, as per Resolution No. 4431; and
WHEREAS, the BOARD OF RAVALLI COUNTY COMMISSIONERS passed Resolution No. 4473 on July 18, 2022, which restricted open burning in the County; and
WHEREAS, fire danger in the Bitterroot Valley area is now at extreme levels; the Missoula Area Restrictions and Closures Plan identifies this as a primary decision criterion to consider Stage 2 restrictions; and
WHEREAS, with multiple fires active in the region and the threat of new fire starts that are resistant to control has created a substantial hazard to the citizens of the County; and
WHEREAS, the Commissioners wish to place further exemptions on certain activities within county lands;
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that, at the request of the Ravalli County Firewarden, pursuant to 7-33-2212 MCA, the Board of Commissioners designate Ravalli County lands a high fire hazard area;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED the following acts are prohibited at any time until further notice:
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material
3. The use of fireworks
4. Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads and trails
The following acts are prohibited from 1:00 pm to 1:00 am:
1. Operating a chainsaw or other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine for felling, bucking, skidding, or firewood gathering
2. Outdoor welding or operating acetylene or other type torch with open flame
3. Using any explosive
4. A one-hour patrol in the work area is required following the cessation of all activities as identified in #1 - #3 above.
IT IS FURTHER RESOLVED that the aforementioned restrictions are subject to the following exemptions, which do not relieve an individual or organization from liability or responsibility for any fire started by the exempted activity:
- Persons with written authorization from the Ravalli County Commissioners that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act
- Persons using a cooking device fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off, or, within the confines of residential use, a commercial barbeque that utilizes charcoal briquettes
- Operating generators with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the generator
- Operating motorized vehicles on designated roads and trails
- Repair, maintenance and construction of infrastructure, public utilities and railroads
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force, in the performance of an official duty
- All land within a city boundary is exempted
- Agricultural activity (other than open burning) unrelated to forest harvest if fire extinguisher or fire suppression equipment is immediately available
- Residential and commercial lawn and grounds maintenance
- Construction site activities on private lands, including construction of roads, utilities, and residential or commercial structures, if:
Fire extinguisher or fire suppression equipment is immediately available
- Operations of private businesses to the extent that this resolution compels the private business to deny a customer of the private business access to the premises or access to goods or services, or denies a customer of a private business the ability to access goods or services provided by the private business, pursuant to 7-5-121 (2) MCA.
IT IS FURTHER RESOLVED that this resolution becomes effective at 12:01 A.M, Friday August 12, 2022 and shall remain in effect until such time as it may be amended or rescinded by Board of County Commissioners action.
PASSED AND APPROVED THIS 11TH DAY OF August, 2022.
BOARD OF RAVALLI COUNTY COMMISSIONERS