ArcGIS Online Maps
And read the following:
We have provided online maps for the data themes listed below. Click on your desired theme and you will be taken to the appropriate map page. You can pan around the map by clicking and dragging with your mouse. You can zoom in/out with your mouse roller (or use the "+" and "-" buttons in the upper left corner of the map). Use the buttons on the toolbar liberally.
Be sure to read the associated tip sheet as it provides handy tips.
BONUS: If the information window contains "URL More Info," you can click on the "More Info" to open a scanned document or a related Website.
ADDED BONUS: Click on the "Basemap" button to choose the type of base map to display beneath the data layers. Aerial photography seems to be very popular.
The following items come to you in the form of an App. They are a bit cooler than a plain old map but they will not work with your smart phone's GPS. Read the Phone Hints below.
- Fire Districts - Find out whose fire truck you need and where it comes from
- Floodplain - Floodplain with cross sections and base flood elevations
- LiDAR Data - Find and download LiDAR LAS files or contour line Shapefiles
- Parcels, App O' - Parcels with ownership and address points
- Parcel Monuments - Mostly for surveyors, mapped parcel monuments
- PLSS Monuments - Mostly for surveyors, mapped PLSS monuments that link to CCRF scans
- Realtor's Grab Bag - Conservation Easements, Zoning, and Floodplain
- School Districts - Find out which school to send your kids. (Links to School websites.)
- Surveys, App O' - Mapped extents of surveys
- Surveyor's Grab Bag - Combined PLSS / Parcel monuments with mapped survey extents
- Voting Precincts - Find out where to vote
- Lovely Field Pics - We don't work every minute of every day
Smart Phone Hints:
On the page accessed by the link below find and click on the Filters icon. To the right of "Search gallery."
On the Item Type list that pops up click on Maps then close the list.
Scroll through the list until you find the map of your liking. DO NOT TOUCH THE IMAGE.
Touch the hyperlinked title below the image.
On the new page that opens touch the Open Map button.
The map will open and provide the special little Zoom-To-My-Location jobby.
Click here for the ArcGIS Online App Gallery