- Your Government
- Clerk of District Court
- Copies & Searches
Copies & Searches
Copies & SearchesIf you need copies of documents, please submit a written request that contains complete details of the information you are requesting, and a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of those documents to the Clerk of District Court c/o
Paige Trautwein at 205 Bedford Street, Suite D Hamilton, MT 59840.
We accept cash, checks, or money orders for records request. If you are unsure of the number of pages or the amount due for your request, you may write a check not to exceed $20 and made payable to the Clerk of District Court. You are also welcome to come to the office at 205 Bedford Street, Suite D in Hamilton, MT and request copies.
Fees for some of the most common requests are:
- Copy of Marriage License - $5.00 ($2 additional charge if certification is requested.)
- Copy of Divorce Decree or Parenting Plan Decree - $10.00
- All other copies - $1.00 per page for first 10 pages, $0.50 per page for each additional page
- Certification of a document is $2 (does not include copying costs)
- Searches - $2.00 per name per year for the first seven years, then $1.00 per name per year for each additional year
- Per Local Rules, Ravalli County accepts electronic filings.
- Documents may be submitted by email. Faxed documents must be faxed to 406-375-6721.
- Payment of electronic filing fees must be paid in advance or upon receipt of invoice.
- The fee for incoming electronic filing is $.50 per page.
- The fee for outgoing electronic services is $.25 per page.