Serving / Processing Papers

Serving Papers

The Sheriff’s Office charges a flat fee to serve papers. Service of Protective Orders is free of charge. The mailing address is:
205 Bedford, Suite G
Hamilton, MT 59840

Processing Papers

The Civil Clerk processes incoming papers that need to be served to people in civil court cases. These include Summons and Complaints, Subpoenas, Writs of Execution, Small Claims, Divorce papers, and Criminal Summons. The Civil Clerk is also responsible for processing and tracking Juror Summons and Protective Orders.

The fees for our services are all listed under the Fee tab.