Motor Vehicles

If you purchased an automobile from a Dealership; once Ravalli County Treasurer’s Office receives title work from the dealer we will mail you a postcard or a letter letting you know the title work is in our office.  However if you do not receive this information and your temporary plate is ready to expire, please call our office to see if we have your title work.  Alternatively, you might want to call your dealer to see if they sent the title work.  Just because you do not receive a postcard/letter from our office, it is your responsibility to follow up on this transaction.

Thank you,



*MT title or

  • Out of state title or
  • Manufacturer’s certificate of origin (MCO)
  • Copy of loan contract (if applicable)
  • Accept Visa, Mastercard, cash or check
Moving From Another County or Out of State

  • MT Driver's License Showing Current Address or
  • Out of State Driver's License Must Have:
  • Property Tax Statement/ID or
  • 2 Pieces of Mail or Rental Agreement Showing Physical Residency & Name ( No Post Office Box)  Other Items: (Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Purchase Agreement, Insurance, Pay Stub, Tax Documents, Voter Registration etc)
Online Renewal

Mail Renewal Requirements

  • Reminder card from state of MT
  • OR Copy of current registration

State of Montana Motor Vehicle Forms

Montana License Plate Designs


Motor Vehicle License Cost - Estimates only:
Snowmobile                   $72.62

Motorcycle/ATV            $91.93 (off road)
Motorcycle/ATV          $102.23 (street legal)
Motorcycle/ATV          $165.32 (off road & street legal)

Travel Trailer               $105.06 (up to  15'11")
Travel Trailer               $187.46 (over 16’) 

Truck Campers              $10.30 (title only no registration)

Trailers                            $93.99 (under 4000#)
Trailers                          $183.60 (5000# & over)

Boats                             $77.77 (10’ to under 16’)
Boats                           $139.57 (16’ and under 19’)
Boats                           $314.67 (19’ & over)

Motor Homes              $321.88 (2 years or less)
Motor Homes              $261.88 (3-5 years old)
Motor Homes              $167.38 (6-8 years old)
Motor Homes              $131.33 (9 years & older)
Motor Homes              $275.53 (Perm 11 years & older)

Cars/Vans & Trucks  




Current year -
4 years old


$400.00 -   600.00

$400.00 - 600.00

5 years -
10 years old


$150.00 -   300.00

$200.00 - 400.00

11 years and 

$85.00 -     150.00

$80.00 -   200.00


Temp Plate add $20.09

Late Fee $10.00

Sponsor plate add $10.00 - $50.00 depending on the plate.

***If paying by credit/debit card there will be an additional
2.5% convenience fee added to total transaction***

Permanent plate on vehicles 11 years and older