ATTENTION: CITIZENS OF RAVALLI COUNTY
DUE TO GOVERNOR BULLOCK’S MARCH 26, 2020 DIRECTIVE, THE RAVALLI COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING SHALL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC STARTING MONDAY MARCH 30, 2020 THROUGH APRIL 10, 2020 (AND/OR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
SHOULD YOU NEED ASSISTANCE FROM THE DEPARTMENT, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR OFFICES/DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Environmental Health: Staff shall be available via email or by phone
EMAIL: RCEH@rc.mt.gov PHONE: 406-375-6565
Environmental Health Announcements
Open & Prescribed Burn Season Begins March 1 2019
Burning is open from March 1, 2019 through November 30, 2019 (Resolution No. 3900) is an air-ventilation period, you may call 800-225-6779 daily during this time to check for possible closure of burning or inversions. Burn permits are required for all open burning. Burn Permit Information and Burn Permit Procedures are available on this website under Burning Permits. Click on Stay Informed - click on Burn Permit in the green section on the left side of the page. You must activate your permit prior to any burning throughout the season. For additional burn information please see articles in the Environmental Health Talk section in the green box to the left.
Open burning may be restricted during HIGH fire danger.
If you have questions about prescribed burns by the Bitterroot National Forest, please contact your local ranger stations for more specific information or to be included on their burn notification lists.
You must obtain a septic permit prior to any construction
DRAFT Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Regulations 04-04-2019 to be reviewed by Board of Health Wednesday May 8, 2019 at 3:00pm in the BCC meeting room at 215 S. 4th Street, Hamilton, 3rd floor. The Board of Health will hold a public hearing/POSSIBLE 1st reading on the DRAFT Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 3:00 PM in the BCC meeting room. You may submit your verbal or written comments prior to this meeting or at this meeting. Please click on link immediately below to review said DRAFT.
Ground Water Monitoring applications are now being accepted, application deadline is March 30, 2019. You can find the application in Useful Forms.
Well Permits are no longer required in Ravalli County
No regulatory setbacks have been changed
Protecting public health and the environment through adequate protection of surface and ground waters, monitoring and protection of air quality, food and consumer safety and education. Services:
- Issuing wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal permit
- Conducting site evaluations for onsite sewage disposal permits
- Licensing and Inspecting food service establishments, campgrounds and trailer courts, motels, schools, pools, and other public accommodations
- Administering the public drinking water program
- Monitoring air quality and open burning information (Hotline: 1-800-225-6779)
- Administering the junk vehicle program
- Disseminating radon information and sale of radon test kits
- Review of subdivisions through Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- Investigating complaints under the food and consumer safety, air and water quality, wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal, solid and hazardous waste disposal, junk vehicle, and other environmental health regulations