DUI Task Force
The Ravalli County DUI Task Force has been in existence since the mid 1990's as allowed by 61-2-106 MCA. Our diverse membership, education and enforcement programs has developed a solid Task Force with good accomplishments. Our mission is to promote a healthier and safer environment for county residents by reducing the number of alcohol/drug related traffic crashes and underage drinking as well as increasing seat belt usage through public education, awareness, legislation, enforcement and collaborative strategies. The DUI Task Force meets quarterly (March, May, September and December of each year). For a copy of our DUI Task Force Plan which includes our activities, yearly budget and meeting dates, contact Glenda Wiles, Task Force Coordinator at 375-6500 or 381-3131.
- The Ravalli County Task Force provides an impaired driving education safety program designed specifically for our youth in Ravalli County. This program is not offered elsewhere in the State of Montana. By instructing and educating our young drivers in the hazards created by the drinking driver, we can reduce alcohol related accidents in Montana. IDEP is utilized in Drivers Education Classes as well as our yearly 8th Grade Transition Program offered at all schools.
- CLICK HERE to See our video of this program and you too will see the positive impact we have on our youth.
Impaired Driving Education Program (IDEP)
This Video was produced by MAPS thanks to a Grant by
State Farm Insurance. Guest Speaker, Tim Bach of
Texas, was paid for by the Washington Foundation, State of Montana EUDL and Buckle Up Grants.
Our sincere thanks to these people who share our vision by putting their time, money and hard work into our program!
Some of our Ravalli County DUI Task Force programs
include but are not limited to:
- Compliance Checks (sales of alcohol to minors in bars and stores)
- Overtime for Law Enforcement to detect intoxicated drivers
- Responsible Alcohol Sales Training (for clerks and servers)
Review of pending legislation - support DUI Laws
Purchase supplies for Law Enforcement Agencies
Education programs for the community and the youth