Radon

Radon is a cancer causing, radioactive gas. You can't see radon. You can't smell it or taste it. However, it may be a problem in your home.

Radon is estimated to cause many thousands of deaths each year. That's because when you breathe air containing radon, you can get lung cancer. In fact, the Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, your risk of lung cancer is especially high.

Testing For Radon


Testing is the only way to know if you and your family are at risk from radon. EPA and the Surgeon General recommend testing all homes below the third floor for radon. EPA also recommends testing in schools.

Radon tests are available in our office:
 
Short Term Test Kits  -  $8.55
Long Term Test Kits  -  $25.00
 

Additional Information


Montana DEQ Radon info page: http://www.deq.mt.gov/energy/radon.mcpx